How to Reset a WordPress Page the Quickest Way
WordPress is the most widely used, and also the most popular Content Management System. Their multi-user approach paired with an open-source system has made it a user-friendly interface that provides easy accessibility. However, because it is an open-source system, you can make different customizations that may or may not be the right choice for you.
WP Reset Plugin
Sometimes these customizations may go wrong, and you may need to reset your WordPress website. For easy resetting and deleting, you can use the WP Reset plugin. This plugin has been specifically designed for WordPress sites that are mostly used by non-developers.
It is one of the best plugins and has been developed by a Croatian company, Web Factory Ltd. Most of the WP theme designers and developers use this tool to save on their total development time.
When you reset a WordPress page, you delete the current database, posts, themes, and all media and a new default installation that is provided by WordPress restores. In itself, the whole process of resetting a complex system such as WordPress is lengthy, but with the help of this plugin, you can do it with just a few clicks.
The plugin wipes out the whole website data instantly and brings it to its original state. You can customize it and rebuild it again with new content under the same hosting service, and the same domain name. Furthermore, it is one of the most popular plugins because it is easy-to-use and also much faster than other plugins.
Benefits of this plugin
The following are some benefits that this plugin provides in comparison to the others.
- Multiple fail-safe mechanisms: The fail-safe instruments on this prevent any kind of accidental data loss.
- Not only for WordPress users: This can be used by plugin and theme developers as it provides a quick and convenient way for them to keep testing and debugging new WordPress plugins and themes.
- One-Click Site Reset: This one-click feature makes this plugin the easiest and quickest plugin to use.
- Post-Reset Setup: Even after resetting the old WordPress page, it helps you in setting up the new site with new themes and content.
- Support from its developers.
- Compatible with Command Line Interface (WP- CLI Compliance).
Step by step guide of using this plugin
- Step 1: Click on Plugins then on Add New.
- Step 2: Search for the name of the plugin in the search bar and press enter.
- Step 3: Find the correct plugin and press “ Install Now”
- Step 4: After the installation, you can activate under the Tools menu.
Resetting of a WordPress page has been made easier by this plugin, but you must keep in mind that the reset condition is permanent. You will not be able to recover any of the database tables or files later.
If you still want your content, then make sure you back it up before resetting. You could also consider using the redirect WordPress plugin for organizing your existing web pages, instead of going for the reset.